Wednesday 19 November 2014

Jelly Roll Race (or 'if I were a race horse they'd have me shot')

I've been watching The Missouri Star Quilt Company's tutorials on youtube.  I now have several quilts I NEED to make.  Immediately.

Luckily, one of the tutorials was for a quilt top you can make in - wait for it - one hour!!  I know.  Brilliant, or what?

I doubted I'd be that fast, but I had a sewing itch to scratch.  Cup of tea at the ready I entered the Jelly Roll Race.

After an hour and a half it looked like this: 
Aaaargh!

Poor Joan, my trusty vintage Alfa, decided I was taking the Michael and I spent more time fiddling with my bobbin than actually sewing.  Then unpicking and re-sewing because the strips weren't lining up.

It was at this stage I decided I'd rather end up with a decent finished quilt top than race on regardless.

If this had been the Grand National I'd have fallen long before Becher's Brook. Having said that, after a mere five and a half hours I had a quilt top and that's a first for me!


It's approximately 155cm x 138cm and will probably become a throw quilt in my newly blue lounge.  All I need to do now is finish it!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday on Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment